Friday, July 18, 2008

hello, world!

Well, ok, I guess my decision to create a blog hasn't caused much of a worldwide stir, so my greeting is laughably innapropriate. I'll give it a few weeks...

A little about me: I'm a California native living in NYC for the summer and doing the summer internship thing before I head to Madrid for the fall semester and finally make my way back to brutal Evanston, IL, and my junior year at Northwestern University.

I decided to start a blog for a few reasons. Firstly, it seemed like the thing to do. My job is really boring sometimes, and after running across Mark Cuban's blog (you know that has to be interesting) while making yet another media list, I was inspired to start looking up cool people I'd like to meet or emulate. It turns out, lots of them blog. Therefore, logic ensures that if I blog, I will become famous and all of my wildest professional dreams will come true. Secondly, I wanted a place to write down some ideas, thoughts, rants, etc.--not because I think people are interested, but because I like to write. Thirdly, I deleted my Facebook several months ago. I sensed that my Millenial narcissism needed an outlet now that I could no longer spend my days choosing which photos of myself best conveyed how attractive and fun I am, followed by endless public displays of my coolness in the form of wall posts on the pages of everyone I saw out the previous night recounting the epic proportions of our drunken awesomeness.

In my blog, I'll be taking a look at international affairs and domestic politics, as well as any interesting media tidbits that catch my eye for whatever reason and anything that I find amusing and think others might get a giggle from as well. Enjoy!

No comments: